rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Gorf King

Destiny: FIN

Got another Truth from the first chest, not bad, but the game seems to like giving me three of every gun, so I expect I'll get another Truth sometime in the near future. No black hammer still for me, but at least I got the shotgun which is a new gun at least.

And then just 2 shards on my Hunter :hmm:

Hopefully get some good drops on my Titan tonight, and still not done the weekly/nightfall yet.

Thats a bug. Prey it doesn't start doing it every time you fire it up..............

Its ok now. I had just before downloaded the Halo5 beta and a patch for Ass Creed, so i expect it was something to do with that.

Just tried playing crucible, everyone had a red bar and it was lag city - just tested my connection and that's all okay. Something up with destiny's servers?

Same for me man...was really annoying especially because we were doing well. Hopefully it's better tonight

Ben and I are running nightfall now. Room for one more, feel free to join.

Apologies for no comms. Got stuck on a loading screen and now it's just hanging as I try to go to orbit. Will try and get back in.

Just tried playing crucible, everyone had a red bar and it was lag city - just tested my connection and that's all okay. Something up with destiny's servers?

If you log out of destiny then do a connection test on the PS4 a few times I find it usually clears up any shitty red bars on your end. I've ran it and sometimes its like 600 kb upload whereas I have like 15 mb upload normally, so its basically Sony capping the speed for some shit reason.

Apologies for no comms. Got stuck on a loading screen and now it's just hanging as I try to go to orbit. Will try and get back in.

We completed it now sorry. We got shards and energy for our troubles :(

Thanks for the run through VoG tonight, dunno what happened at the end, didn't get to say goodbye to everyone. Was a real eye-opener going back after Crota being the focus for the past few weeks.

I've had 5 Legendary weapon drops today. 1 from Nightfall, but the rest just from open play.

The game must have noticed I'd stopped doing regular bounties because I had nothing to level up. Lol.

I had a really productive day. Ran through Crota's End (Second time, got arms and legs and a Light of the Abyss.) Hit the Nightfall (Shards, boo) and Weekly (Got a Devil You Don't - nice?) and the Daily. Then hit all the Vanguard bounties, and the Eris ones I could do with my class. Later, hit the Crucible, and finally got my Crucible rep to lvl 3.

So I'm feeling good. Up for a VoG run at some point, but not tomorrow!

Gorf King is worrying I might be addicted.

We failed at Crota again.

What's the correct way to use the sword?

Hit him twice with R2 then once with R1 and run?

Thanks to Rambo for the last minute nightfall there. I got another Patience and Time from it though. I always seem to get multiples of the guns I already have >.<

For Crota I think Imp was just doing R2x3 when we did the 2 raids earlier today, at least by the sound of it anyway.

Grats on Hawkmoon btw, reward well earned for being sword guy.

No worries Ben.

Truly blessed with this nightfall, 2 dobe this week, a weak ass arheons epilogue damage dealing like full auto... And my now customary 6 strange coins.

I expect to be handsomely rewarded when I use the warlock.

• Upvote 1

I had a really productive day. Ran through Crota's End (Second time, got arms and legs and a Light of the Abyss.) Hit the Nightfall (Shards, boo) and Weekly (Got a Devil You Don't - nice?) and the Daily. Then hit all the Vanguard bounties, and the Eris ones I could do with my class. Later, hit the Crucible, and finally got my Crucible rep to lvl 3.

So I'm feeling good. Up for a VoG run at some point, but not tomorrow!

Gorf King is worrying I might be addicted.

Well, I am a little concerned that you might be wasting much of your free time playing this grindfest of a game when there are far more productive ways to spend your energy.

In other news, full raid gear, baby!

Crota%20hunter%20raid%20gear.jpg

Only another half-dozen runs through now so I can get the shards to level it all.

• Upvote 4

Thanks to Rambo for the last minute nightfall there. I got another Patience and Time from it though. I always seem to get multiples of the guns I already have >.<

For Crota I think Imp was just doing R2x3 when we did the 2 raids earlier today, at least by the sound of it anyway.

Grats on Hawkmoon btw, reward well earned for being sword guy.

Yep, just R2 three times. Make sure to hold forward on the left stick during this as it cancels the animation earlier and keeps you next to Crota, also I was hitting him when he was in his crouching down animation, before he's fully down and that was doing damage too.

When going back for the extra damage I only did two hits though, since the sword was disappearing around then.

Not a great haul so far post reset.

3 full crota runs yesterday, after getting an exotic from the first chest (P&T) I only got shards and energy across all 3 raid runs. :/ FML.

Nightfalls have never been kind to me but I got saint of the helm on my first nightfall & have 2 runs to go.

Anyone get anything decent?

Eight coins. I am the nightfall coin magnet.

Had a great time on this last night. Crota down within 45 minutes, then did the nightfall and weekly and turned it at 2am one upgrade away from level 31. Only frustrating thing was only getting two radiant shards from the raid when I need about a bazillion. I do have gloves, chest and boots after just two runs so I shouldn't complain, but I'm going to anyway. I want shards.

Noob incoming....

My wife got me this for Christmas unexpectedly, I may have mentioned it to her in passing but have dismissed it as too much of a life-time-sink. Seeing as I have it now though I fired it up last night and really enjoyed what little I played.

However, is there any point in me, who gets a few hours a week game time, trying to play this properly? I don't mind putting the hours into it but do I need to do it quickly? Persistent world MMOs have always scared me, I like working at my own pace.

I think you'll be fine and happy playing it slow. Although, once you're up at the end game (which will take you several weeks at a slow pace!) you'll be wanting to understand the systems in place so that you maximise the progress in your short sessions. Which might end up feeling repetitive. Give it a go!

• Upvote 1

However, is there any point in me, who gets a few hours a week game time, trying to play this properly? I don't mind putting the hours into it but do I need to do it quickly? Persistent world MMOs have always scared me, I like working at my own pace.

No need to rush. Start off doing the story missions (which get you to level 20), and once done with those start reading what next you should do. There isn't a need to hurry at all. I have a mate who has been playing once every couple of weeks since launch and is now level 27. He's had a great time playing at his own pace.

• Upvote 2

is there anyone around today that fancies VoG hard? I'd be up for a run this morning/afternoon.

Yeah mate me and my bro are on and up for this

Also have a Crota checkpoint we could knock out if people are up for it

Yeah mate me and my bro are on and up for this

Also have a Crota checkpoint we could knock out if people are up for it

Just added you mate

is there anyone around today that fancies VoG hard? I'd be up for a run this morning/afternoon.

Up for this on my lock again. Want that flashing icon gone!

Donut, you should totally shard your stuff to get to 32, apparently you can kill Crota in one sword run at that level, lol. I guess that's why the hard raid will be level 33!

Also, I just learnt from reddit that ADSing during oversoul does more damage as you get a range bonus!

I should probably be the one to use the sword in our raid if thats the case as I have a full raid armour set, just need shards (think I have about 40+ atm).

Not a great haul so far post reset.

3 full crota runs yesterday, after getting an exotic from the first chest (P&T) I only got shards and energy across all 3 raid runs. :/ FML.

Nightfalls have never been kind to me but I got saint of the helm on my first nightfall & have 2 runs to go.

Anyone get anything decent?

Hang on, didnt you get Icebreaker V2 from a nightfall or was that someone else? :P

Apologies to Baring. Went to move to a new mission and it threw me in with randoms. :S