Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Fantastic Four II - Rise of the Silver Surfer

How they're going to pull off an appearance by Galactus, I don't know. Especially with the original director doing his ham-fisted thing....

(originally wrote 'how they're going to pull off Galactus' there, which conjured up all sorts of ugly images)

I just cant see how the hell they can fight against the Surfer, his powers just totally dick on theirs, even combined. Should be interesting to watch though. I finally saw the first film on the weekend, not very good to be honest - poorly paced for once thing.

How they're going to pull off an appearance by Galactus, I don't know. Especially with the original director doing his ham-fisted thing....

(originally wrote 'how they're going to pull off Galactus' there, which conjured up all sorts of ugly images)

galactusgw9.jpg

I just cant see how the hell they can fight against the Surfer, his powers just totally dick on theirs, even combined. Should be interesting to watch though. I finally saw the first film on the weekend, not very good to be honest - poorly paced for once thing.

Didn't some geek work out that he is the most powerful superhero there is, even more so than Superman?

In this months Empire they say that towards the end of FF2 we will see Galactus in some form

Wasn't that the Hulk?

Doesn't the silver surfer turn out good in the end?

Nah Surfer was supposedly the most powerful because he can literally do anything, time travel, alter the molecular make up of things and use his super scary cosmic powers

It would seem they are going with the Ultimate Gah Lak Tus look which is more like a big alien insect thing rather than classic Galactus.

I can see why they would make this choice but who doesn't want to see a towering space man in purple pants?

The whole Ultimate Galactus book was an utter travesty. I don't mind them altering things slightly to make them seem more in line with the real world, but that was just awful. They could have at least had those insect robot things attacking New York or something.

I've never seen the first FF film, but as I'm totally hot for the Surfer I'll watch this movie. Should I bother seeing the first one beforehand?

I've never seen the first FF film, but as I'm totally hot for the Surfer I'll watch this movie. Should I bother seeing the first one beforehand?

The first one mostly tells how they and Von Doom get their powers. I liked it and it did good box-office but, to be honest, there's not a great deal to it action wise. If you know who the characters are, and what they can do, you can probably skip it without missing too much.

I only just watched the first one last week. Its not that bad actually. A bit campy and lightweight but i suppose the comic was like that.

Certainly much, much better that daredevil, X3 or blade 3

That trailer looks good. But the whole thing about switching powers could turn out really bad.

And London is in it. Should I be prepared for "Cor blimey guvna'!"