IGNORED

Ride

Strafe

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm going to the Roundhouse gig in London this year where they are going to be celebrating Nowhere - best friend is a massive Ride fan. Me, not so much, I bought the first 2 EP's back in the day but didn't rate the either Nowhere or Going Blank Again LP's. They peaked with the first 2 EP's IMO.

21 hours ago, Stanley said:

I think the first three eps are all great, the last one (Fall) has Dreams Burn Down & Taste on it, two of my favourite Ride songs. 

Ah yeah forgot about EP 3 - those tracks ended up on Nowhere though IIRC

2 hours ago, englishbob said:

Ah yeah forgot about EP 3 - those tracks ended up on Nowhere though IIRC

Dreams Burn Down did yeah but the others were only available as bonus tracks for the CD, not even Nowhere was on the vinyl. 

Right, yeah I remember now. Gave away my original vinyl copy of Nowhere to my best mate for his birthday this year as I never played it really, the aahhhhhhs got on my nerves in the end. I hope he realises its worth a fortune these days! :)

19 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Right, yeah I remember now. Gave away my original vinyl copy of Nowhere to my best mate for his birthday this year as I never played it really, the aahhhhhhs got on my nerves in the end. I hope he realises its worth a fortune these days! :)

I agree tbh, I liked Vapour Trail, but at the time I was massively disappointed with Nowhere - it felt rush released and nothing blew me away like Chelsea Girl did the first time I heard it. 

29 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I agree tbh, I liked Vapour Trail, but at the time I was massively disappointed with Nowhere - it felt rush released and nothing blew me away like Chelsea Girl did the first time I heard it. 

Agreed on Chelsea Girl - a powerhouse that one.

I think the first time I saw Ride was on their release of EP2 - they where unstoppable then. Saw them again when Nowhere was out, nowhere near as good - something had happened and I lost interest

They really were weren’t they, I was obsessed with them during the time they released those early EP’s - the ferocity of the guitars and the feedback, those lovely 60’s pop harmonies, the groove to Like A Daydream. They had it all. 

• 4 weeks later...