Bojangle

The Random WoW Thread

1 hour ago, Loki said:

BfA has probably been my favourite expansion since WotLK (TBC and WotLK were my favourites purely because that's when I was most invested).

I agree with that for exactly the same reason. I'm enjoying wow a lot more at present than the few times I've come back in the past 8 years.

I just re-subbed. The last time I played was WotLK. I have to say, the new areas look so nice graphically. I am currently trying to unlock the Nightborn, but it looks like an horrendous grind.

Yeah. It's a grind that very much had legion in mind, shocked it didn't get laxed slightly with the launch to bfa. I think the nightborn storyline without any rep gates should be enough 

8 hours ago, Sumire said:

I just re-subbed. The last time I played was WotLK. I have to say, the new areas look so nice graphically. I am currently trying to unlock the Nightborn, but it looks like an horrendous grind.

It’s not the place I would start after coming back for a while to be honest.  I played through it recently in preparation for BfA coming to feel like I could close off Legion.

The storyline is good though but it would be quicker to do the content if you come back after levelling some more. 

Im working on flying still for the Legion zones, it’s taking a while but I’m limiting myself to just doing the emissary quests now plus anything really nearby.  Will get there eventually - and that will make it easier to grind exalted reps for allied races.

On 22/08/2018 at 11:16, NEG said:

I wish I knew PVP is a hundred times more fun as melee compared to ranged years ago.

@George Clooney How was the alliance storylines?

Not played enough so far to really give a proper opionion, but decent enough so far.  I like the stuff with Jaina, who I think they’ve been inconsistent with, but she’s still someone with a lot of potential storytelling wise.  The stuff so far has just added onto that.  I also really like what they’ve done with Anduin over the course of the entire game.  We’ve seen him go from being a young boy who didnt really know his father and seen him grow and his opinions shape and form over each expansion.  From the idealistic “war is bad, lets never fight” child to forming a bond with his father which they both learned from.  Now he understands why sometimes you must fight, but he’s having to figure out how without his father.  They’ve handled him really well, he could have been an obnoxious Mary Sue, similar to how they handled Thrall (which a lot of people hated), but he’s a really strong character.  Its a shame about Varian, as he was also a character I liked a lot who had some badass moments, but also grew (thanks to Anduin) but it makes sense for Anduin story in this about finding his feet by himself.

On 22/08/2018 at 21:01, Joystick Chevron said:

, not having to worry about weapon drops was a blessing,

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!?  Instead you had to worry about three different drops, all of which could then have different traits which you then had to worry about getting the best ones.  Then in the last stage of the game, you had the random upgrade system that legit meant you could get lucky with a lower item level slot that had the best traits that would be better than that shiny one from the last boss on the hardest difficulty that happened to roll the lowest stats.  Then for a long while you had the issue where your weapon would be less powerful than someone who’d pretty much played the game for more time because they’d gather more AP and unlock more traits.  Then at the end, traits were pretty much pointless in the sense that you could get enough AP to unlock them all in about 30 mins

I liked the artifact weapon system overall, but it wasn’t without its issues.  It was great for lore and stuff, but it certainly wasn’t the less hassle free of having that or weapon drops.

• Upvote 2

Having got 2 to 120 (although haven't finished the last Ally storyline once you've done all 3 zones) - the Alliance experience in this is heads and shoulders above the Horde zone. (Never mind how much easier to navigator the Ally Hub is)

And while I'm enjoying my time (obviously) - it's all feeling very light weight/filler expac. The war hasn't come - just some level zones. It's more WoW...but it doesn't feel like it's advancing things (professions asides)

The Azerite system is just the AP grind...but without the driving function of empowering historic weapons and improving talents. "Yeah! You did activity and your stat stick got stronger" - might pay off down the line, but I can't see content for instance) the appearance quest lines. (I hope at some point they explain your actions with Mangi "Stop people farming azerite" and all your faction missions to help farm azerite :P) It took a good system in Legion and took about everything thematic and interesting about it - and just kept the grind.

Islands are  mess (up to mythic). A DPS/AoE race. Nothing special or exciting. Once AP/Rep isn't an issue, I can't see people doing them,

Warfronts better be good otherwise it's not feeling like this xpac has much new at all...

Ow jeez, I got a new machine (fancy new MacBook Pro) from work for work purposes and I might just have it try to run WoW.

On 28/08/2018 at 16:58, Hexx said:

Having got 2 to 120 (although haven't finished the last Ally storyline once you've done all 3 zones) - the Alliance experience in this is heads and shoulders above the Horde zone. (Never mind how much easier to navigator the Ally Hub is)

Gah I just hit 120 on the Horde side with my Mage and really enjoyed it, I have only done half a zone Alliance side and wasn't enjoying it as much as Horde, will have to go back now. The blood troll zone Horde side is my fave so far.

It's definitely a mixed bag and you get the most from this expansion by doing both - perhaps where some of the criticism comes from about it not feeling as full featured.

For example, I love the lore and the way the troll town has been done, the voice acting is superb, and the opening quest for Horde was definitely more fun than the Alliance side.  But the story for me so far is definitely better on the Alliance side :)

16 hours ago, Melon_Bread said:

Gah I just hit 120 on the Horde side with my Mage and really enjoyed it, I have only done half a zone Alliance side and wasn't enjoying it as much as Horde, will have to go back now. The blood troll zone Horde side is my fave so far.

It's a personal thing - but if you liked the Blood one you might be ok

With AH prices bound to rise next week, been mostly mining/herbing with the free druid. Though my skinning bones have also been going for silly money, even just yesterday. Probably takes less then 20mins for me to grind a stack.

23 hours ago, NEG said:

With AH prices bound to rise next week, been mostly mining/herbing with the free druid. Though my skinning bones have also been going for silly money, even just yesterday. Probably takes less then 20mins for me to grind a stack.

Why are they bound to rise?

Is this when the single stack stuff gets nerfed?

1 hour ago, sprite said:

Why are they bound to rise?

Is this when the single stack stuff gets nerfed?

Raids get released. Raiders go mad for pots and foods. Midnight Salmon is a stupid grind for the feasts.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NEG said:

Raids get released. Raiders go mad for pots and foods. Midnight Salmon is a stupid grind for the feasts.

Ahh maybe I should level some gatherers then!

Ive hit 120 with my Alliance Warlock, and now levelling a Demon Hunter tank which I really am enjoying (mostly coz dungeons are fun when you get instant queues).

Im not sure if I will be missing out on loads by not trying to get all the gear on my lock, but I won’t be raiding properly - just LFR a bit when it comes - so may as well just do what I want to do :)

Closing in on the revered rep grind on my shaman for legion as well, hurrah!

4 hours ago, sprite said:

Im not sure if I will be missing out on loads by not trying to get all the gear on my lock, but I won’t be raiding properly - just LFR a bit when it comes - so may as well just do what I want to do :)

There’s plenty of end game stuff to get stuck into once certain people pull their finger out and join us at 120 sprite!

• Upvote 1

Uldir: 5 bosses down and Zul 1% wipe. We're going back in on Sunday.

....This isn't the Normal difficulty I remember :unsure:

Edit: titanforged 370 gloves off first boss.

The damage output, especially on tanks, feels pretty damn high this expansion. And normal mode is exactly that, hits like a truck, but still fair. Heroic, well... I'll get back to your this weekend about how that goes...

Well back in mah day, average guilds wouldn't clear this many bosses as soon as they're released, that's what I was trying to say.

Probably the side effect of having 5 difficulty modes rather then 2.

Or maybe my old guild was worse than I knew :unsure: