Bojangle

The Random WoW Thread

1 hour ago, MotiVater said:

Does everywhere scale mob levels now?  Or is that just a WoD thing?  Half considering starting a lock from level 1, any up-to date levelling guides out there that make it as painless as possible? 

Everywhere should scale now, so you can actually complete the story of a zone without it feeling completely pointless because you outleveled it.

I haven't leveled from 1 in a while so can't answer the latter though. I'm going to unlock the Zandalari Allied Race before I decide to do 1-110 so I can get some heritage armour.

I would of thought with scaling a levelling guide is fairly pointless. Just find a zone you like, see the story through to its conclusion and then move on. Also, at 58 you can go to Outland or Northrend and stay there until 80. Then 80-90 you do can do cataclysm zones or Pandaria.

3 hours ago, SimonC said:

I would of thought with scaling a levelling guide is fairly pointless. Just find a zone you like, see the story through to its conclusion and then move on.

Kinda depends whether you're speed-levelling or not. I'd assume that it's probably faster to jump around zones rather than do everything before moving on. Feels a bit shit to do that though.

4 hours ago, SimonC said:

I would of thought with scaling a levelling guide is fairly pointless. Just find a zone you like, see the story through to its conclusion and then move on. Also, at 58 you can go to Outland or Northrend and stay there until 80. Then 80-90 you do can do cataclysm zones or Pandaria.

Not all zones are equal, though. Some have a better (faster) distribution of quests. I have no idea about old zones, but apparently in BFA some of the areas are harder than others even with level scaling. 

1-60 is probably the best part of leveling at the moment. Did it on horde recently for my new main, and did the following zones in this order. Azshara -> Stonetalon -> Southern barrens -> Silverpine forest -> Western Plaguelands -> Eastern Plaguelands -> Ghostlands. It's fantastic, so many quests I've never seen because I used to just outlevel the zone before finishing it.

60-80 is (or at least was, there have been recent hotfixes.) VERY sluggish. Did Hellfire Pen -> Grizzly hills -> Zul'Drak -> Schol Basin -> Holwing Fjord

80 - 92 Went in no time at all. Jade forest alone got me to 85, After that did Klaxxi, and finished up in the southern most zone I can't remember the name of as I always refer to it as the "Pregnant Tauren" zone.

92-98 WoD... took a few hours, bonus objectives and treasures around most of the zones and I was into legion.

98-110 In comparison to the rest of the game, the health of mobs in legion is an absolute joke. As brewmaster, I could quite literally stick down Dave the black ox, pull 13+ mobs and kill them all without breaking a sweat. Did two invasions, and cleared 2 zones before hitting cap.

Will be sticking to Demon Hunter for the expansion, after having a good time in Legion with her.

I never did finish off my legion report, but basically: I finished Surumar finally once i returned last weekish, which at least meant I got Loremaster done. Then went to Argus the other day and the questing content is, thus far, pretty great.

The isle patch content feels weakest, Argus is better. But as far as the (Legion) expansion itself, it feels like Surumar got the most attention overall.

And yes I know there's still a whole 'nother achievement worth of questing to be done there after Loremaster. Stopped once it told me to 'go do 10 world quests'. <_<

Used the free 110 on Druid. One /dance on my level 30 moonkin later and I figured it's about damn time I had a crazy fat chicken alt.

The warbringer marketing has definitely worked in bringing me around this time. Though who am I kidding, I always check the expansion out.

Is there a easy way to level up through Draenor/Legion, or must I do every zone? Do BG's still give exp?

Battlegrounds do still give xp. It’s how’s I’ve been levelling my priest (102 atm). It’s not that quick though. I would think doing quests is quite a bit quicker. If you aren’t in a rush and enjoy pvp then it makes a nice change from questing.

11 hours ago, NEG said:

Is there a easy way to level up through Draenor/Legion, or must I do every zone? Do BG's still give exp?

Quickest way through Draenor is probably to have the exp potion active from your garrison and then just fly around opening treasures and doing the bonus events.

Cheers both. I can't find the flying achievement for draenor so guessing it got removed/is purchasable now.

9 minutes ago, NEG said:

Cheers both. I can't find the flying achievement for draenor so guessing it got removed/is purchasable now.

It was called Draenor Pathfinder, not sure if it was removed or not though.

If it's still in the game, you can check your progress here: https://www.wowhead.com/flying

I have so much to do alt-wise (mainly want a gatherer to support the main asap), wish I started a week sooner.

When I came back this time I decided to just not bother with any. I've given in a bit but i'm only using one to sell grey junk and altoholic. I find the default UI fine these days and just macro my healing spells to mouseover macros.

Really surprised by how smooth the launch went. No server crashes, no need to relog, no overcrowding/lag thanks partly to being able to choose which area to go to...

Compared to the launches I got to play (wrath to mop), bloody amazing.

3 hours ago, NEG said:

Really surprised by how smooth the launch went. No server crashes, no need to relog, no overcrowding/lag thanks partly to being able to choose which area to go to...

Compared to the launches I got to play (wrath to mop), bloody amazing.

I think the pre-launch patch stuff they do really helps.  They iron out all the kinks whilst preventing access to the new zones/stuff.  I'm not sure if this is exactly how it works but it seems to me that they basically launch all the content when they do the pre-launch patch and just block it, so they know then if there's any problems.  The only difference being population numbers when go live day hits :D

Do the Dark Shore and Battle for L last night. Not sure it'll make me purchase expac though.

Had to give in and use ElvUI in the end - most of the addons I liked are no longer updated. very strange to play the game with an entirely different UI.

At 10.45 last night as everyone was talking up launch events, I started the Broken Shore :lol:

How's the expansion guys? Not had a chance to play it. I mean, I've been at home, but well:

image.png.864f79cd7aaf3e7846e72ed83b87b853.png

3 hour queues yesterday, 90+ mins today. You think they'd have a way to fix this 13 years later.

Not a single queue on my realm.

Started in Vol'dun (the description sounded the most boring, thought I'd get it out of the way first), but the first half is actually quite good. Gets boring beyond that but they've designed it in such a way with many, many side quests that you don't have to do them all. I did. Zone lasted until 115.

Nazmir currently feels shorter, but so far (20-30 quests in) pretty good.

Nazmir's end cutscene was/is broken. You might want to hold off killing the matron on top of the temple (the big robot bit). You can complete the quest but it doesn't show you what happens.

1 minute ago, yashiro said:

Nazmir's end cutscene was/is broken. You might want to hold off killing the matron on top of the temple (the big robot bit). You can complete the quest but it doesn't show you what happens.

Thanks, will keep in mind.

I've started in Vol'dun too, I want to kick that evil troll's ass.

I haven't got very far, literally just in the first quest hub but I LOVE the NPCs there :wub: