Bojangle

The Random WoW Thread

Well, have you managed to do or find something, but you don't think it deserves a thread? Just post it in here, anything WoW goes. wink.gif

Anyway, on Friday night <The Tide> decided it was high time we started working on Zul'Gurub. So we hastily organised a group on Saturday evening and ventured in. Bar a couple of people, this was everyones first time.

We headed for High Priest Venoxis first. Our first attempt was great, got him to 22%. Second attempt even better, probably about 15%. Then we finally took him on our third attempt. It was quite a close battle, and we lost a few people, but when he dropped I remembered why I love WoW so much. A bunch of people, all trying their best at working through new stuff, and the feeling when you finally kill the bastards...no other games come close really! biggrin.gif

For those interested he dropped Primal Hakkari Tabard and the rather awesome Fang of Venoxis! I rolled a 4 on teh dagger. :lol:

We then went for High Priestess Jeklik. Tried twice, didn't beat her. sad.gif 'Almost' had her on our second attempt, our gear was knackered though, got her to about 15% or so.

I thought we did great, considering we were all inexperienced with ZG and it was our first attempt at the place! Looking forward to more!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jeez, you lot have gotten further that I ever have. Not even been present when a boss has been killed yet. Wondering whether its even worth me keeping the ZG quests, cos I dont seem to be getting the reputation, let alone the coins required for em!

Did hakkar twice in 2 nights thanks to nice reset times. Seems like the best route is the priests then hakkar, then if anyone hangs around do bloodlord and whoever else after or the next day. Jindo is a pain in the ass and now I have the belt I never want to do him again.

Still haven't seen seafury gloves!

Yeah i killed Hakkar twice now, he is really easy aswell :)

I'm really starting to think this game hates me, been in AV for a week trying to win it for a quest reward, the one time Horde has nearly won my internet just stops working ffs :)

I finally realised that the only way I was going to get any epix, and get in any high level raids was to join a test server. Earthfury set FTW :P

yeah yeah yeah, some people might thing, 'cheating yourself', but the fact is, that it's going to be easier for me to do some of the high level stuff this way, at least... :o

Heh - I copied the HWarrior character onto the test server just to 'compare and contrast' the value of epi>< armour :rolleyes:

I also copied the ARogue (for a change from Horde) with a view to a spot of sneaking around in instances to find out the layout (maxed stealth talents) - and for a laugh generally...

It's trippy when you get into the test server tho - 100s of IDENTICAL looking chars all rushing around with all teh epi>< - it's more than a bit chaotic :(

On another note entirely, STAGGERINGLY good tribute run for Vurt earlier tonight - getting the "Hunter Book", Barbarous Blade AND Leggings of Destruction all in 1 go!

Stupidly easy run - with some other Chimaereans (Vurt is a Chimaera initiate), Fearmeh and Lurchmeister - just nothing stopping us, even an "Eye of Kilrogg" spawn in the middle of another fight with the priest banished - bish bash bosh shhhzzum... :)

Heh - I copied the HWarrior character onto the test server just to 'compare and contrast' the value of epi>< armour :)

I also copied the ARogue (for a change from Horde) with a view to a spot of sneaking around in instances to find out the layout (maxed stealth talents) - and for a laugh generally...

It's trippy when you get into the test server tho - 100s of IDENTICAL looking chars all rushing around with all teh epi>< - it's more than a bit chaotic :)

On another note entirely, STAGGERINGLY good tribute run for Vurt earlier tonight - getting the "Hunter Book", Barbarous Blade AND Leggings of Destruction all in 1 go!

Stupidly easy run - with some other Chimaereans (Vurt is a Chimaera initiate), Fearmeh and Lurchmeister - just nothing stopping us, even an "Eye of Kilrogg" spawn in the middle of another fight with the priest banished  - bish bash bosh shhhzzum... :)

Sounds very familiar when I went with Lurch and got all my stuff in one night, doing both DM West, a non tribute run, and a tribute I think. PvP boots off Immolthar, Silvermoon leggings off the prince, then the Observer shield off Cho'rush the Observer and the Harmonious Guantlets off Gordok. Got my Shammy book in the tribute chest, just for good measure :(

Best night ever that was.

I finally got the Loomguard Armbraces off Kirtonos the Herald earlier after MC tonight as well. Well chuffed.

Maybe I'll finally get an epic tomorrow in MC? (Helm of the Lifegiver please!) :rolleyes:

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."

A fun filled day yesterday. Zerged Lord Kazzak, finally managed to sneak in one of those patented crazy 'lock crits before CoS gets nerfed (3630 in a Lava Annihilator's stupid face), got the 6th piece of my Felheart set (the rock & roll sounding slippers, though I think I'll stick with Maleki's and the Dragonriders' most of the time) and, finally, my precious...

[Azuresong Mageblade]

I'm not really bothered about getting anything else now. Getting the Felheart shoulders and a Fire Runed Grimoire/Jin'do's Bag of Whammies would be sweet but I won't lose any sleep over it and I don't care too much about the Nemesis set. There are plenty of places to see and go, badass bosses to kill but as far as gear goes, I'm content.

Oh, and Sci got his first epix too.

Now comes the hard part of deciding what to do regarding something of a pesky dilemma I have to resolve...

*Torn.mp3*

Since it's not worthy of a new thread... Are The Tide still taking new members? I fancy playing WoW again but not on a PvE RP server. I've given up my spot in the raidgroup I was in on ER anyway so I've got nothing to do. There's something like 12 shaman on the current roster now :) so despite being one of the original members I don't think I can worm my way back in without upsetting a lot of frost shockers.

Are there still enough people at the lower end or enough alts for it to be worth my while? I want to make another warlock or a priest. Or are any other classes in demand?

Heh - I copied the HWarrior character onto the test server just to 'compare and contrast' the value of epi>< armour :)

It's trippy when you get into the test server tho - 100s of IDENTICAL looking chars all rushing around with all teh epi>< - it's more than a bit chaotic ;)

It's insane isn't it, I have a Rogue on there because I wanted to check out a few things (Mainly PVP) with full set of epixxx. Only been on once though the 2hr wait put me off bothering again.

Since it's not worthy of a new thread... Are The Tide still taking new members? I fancy playing WoW again but not on a PvE RP server. I've given up my spot in the raidgroup I was in on ER anyway so I've got nothing to do. There's something like 12 shaman on the current roster now :rolleyes: so despite being one of the original members I don't think I can worm my way back in without upsetting a lot of frost shockers.

Are there still enough people at the lower end or enough alts for it to be worth my while? I want to make another warlock or a priest. Or are any other classes in demand?

As someone with absolutely no authority to say so, I think longtime forumites like yourself should be allowed in.

Officially we're not taking anymore recruits, but if you're willing to start a Warrior, I'm sure that'd swing things in your favour at least slightly... B)

Oh, and Sci got his first epix too.

Now comes the hard part of deciding what to do regarding something of a pesky dilemma I have to resolve...

*Torn.mp3*

2nd actually!

And this dilemna wouldnt have anything to do with "/gquit" by any chance?

As someone with absolutely no authority to say so, I think longtime forumites like yourself should be allowed in.

Officially we're not taking anymore recruits, but if you're willing to start a Warrior, I'm sure that'd swing things in your favour at least slightly... B)

Heh, I'll be honest... I have no desire to play a warrior at all :rolleyes: I tried all the classes and I just couldn't get along with it. Typicially I got for casters or support types.

I'm guessing in light of all this facemelter shit there's loads of shadowpriests then?

I'd like to join The Tide though, plenty of peeps I know and I'm used to fast levelling, pvp and MC

most in need of teh following classes in teh following order

Warlock

Hunter

Druid

then its priest and other classes which we hae a healthy stack of.

warlocks and hunters though. especially in need of those classes

Ah nice one... I could go for another Warlock tbh... Or maybe a Druid. I'll be a casual player for the next couple of weeks until I wrap some things up at work but I'll cane the levels at Christmas. Who do I talk to online?

Nicky: Are you saying we don't need Warriors? :rolleyes:

Or just that those are the ones we need most barring warriors?

I'd say barring warriors it's Hunters, fo sho'.

They're v effective (read: infuriating) in BGs too B)

People keep telling me I shouldn't sell my Golden Pearl because I'll need it (and another) for some of those robes that look like a tablecloth :rolleyes:

I don't know  - it's less random and turned into a recruitment thread for trev et al. :rolleyes:

Well my decision to come back to WoW was pretty random. Who'd have thought that I'd be bothered after two chars on PvE RP and another two on PvP.

*le shrug*

Well my decision to come back to WoW was pretty random. Who'd have thought that I'd be bothered after two chars on PvE RP and another two on PvP.

*le shrug*

MMO's for you. You never leave, NEVER!

Think I've 'quit' WoW about 4 times so far. B)